[CentOS] CentOS at FOSDEM

Wed Oct 4 09:15:47 UTC 2006

Hi Dag,

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> FOSDEM is coming and it would be nice if CentOS users and developers
> are present.

sounds like a really good idea.

> FOSDEM will take place at 24 and 25 february 2007. (so mark those dates in
> your calendar!)
>
> I guess what we need is a wiki page about FOSDEM linked from some 'CentOS
> events' page and then people can start planning and indicating who's
> coming and what the topics could be.

I'll start this today.

> Since the developer rooms are usually limited, it may be useful to work
> together with Fedora to claim one. (I've send out a proposal to the Fedora
> ambassador who is in charge of FOSDEM)
>
> Things we may want to plan:
>
>  + the 'hall' presence (usually a table to showcase and respond to
>    questions)
>    - what do we need to showcase CentOS, to attract visitors
>    - volunteers to be present to answer questions (maybe a timetable)
>    - flyers, business cards and posters ? (centos artwork)
>    - how to keep things on a professional level (mostly these tables are
>      pretty crowded and unorganised)
>
>  + a developer's room
>    - topics and speakers for presentation
>    - topics and moderators for discussions

if we can get a developer room, we should definitely share it - with
Fedora would be ideal. I dont think we can really fill a dev room with
talks for 2 days based around CentOS.

The other thing is, there are a lot of projects that are based on
CentOS, maybe we can ask if they would like to get involved and talk
about their side/use of CentOS?

> Who's willing to help ? Let's hear ! :)

I'll be there :)

( and I'll start a wiki page today )