[CentOS] Possible to change selinux from permissive to disabled without rebooting?

Wed Oct 4 11:08:55 UTC 2006
Ian mu <mu.llamas at gmail.com>

Hiya, I tried to replicate as much of it as I could on my home pc and hit a
few problems I hadn't initially thought about with selinux (it's pretty much
my first experience with it, so I may be barking up the wrong tree as some
of the scripts aren't mine). I can't replicate to be 100% sure, but the
problems extremely similar.

Basically to test, I used sudo (as quite a few of our scripts do) with
permissive on. If a shell isn't specified in a script, test.sh is just
something like echo "hello" with no #!/bin/bash at first (naturally sudoers
file set up).

sudo -H -u ian ./test.sh this will return with "sesh: Error execing
./test.sh: Exec format error

If I add #!/bin/bash to the start it will be fine.

I'm assuming here, the problem is with sudo using sesh and interaction with
selinux. I had assumed permissive on was purely logging only and no
difference in execution other than that. I'm also assuming this is by
design, and not a bug (as the problem likely wouldn't be there with better
designed scripts).

Naturally some problems can be got around easily by just adding the shell,
but there's a few where not so simple (original problem was with cron), so
was looking for a quicker fix to temp get them working by turning permissive
off.

Thanks, Ian