[CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Wed Oct 4 15:29:34 UTC 2006
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 at 10:24am, Steve Bergman wrote

> Does anyone have any bonnie++ results for Linux software RAID 5?  I know
> software RAID 5 does not really lend itself to a performant software
> implementation, but the results would be interesting to see, none the
> less.

Actually, md is a *very* good performer (although I don't have any
benchmarks on hand at the moment).  The reason I stick with hardware RAID
is that md doesn't handle hot swapping all that well.  Not taking systems
down to replace bad disks is a Good Thing.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering