[CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Wed Oct 4 15:56:59 UTC 2006
Debbie Tropiano <debbiet at arlut.utexas.edu>

Steve -

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 10:24:57AM -0500, Steve Bergman wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 10:14 -0500, Debbie Tropiano wrote:
> > Kirk -
>

> > I've not been following ReiserFS for a long time, but the last time I worked
> > with it (several years ago) we ran into problems with file corruption.  It
> > may be that they have all been fixed, but I'd look into that as well.
>
> Makes one wonder if Linux is reasonably usable with 3ware. ;-)

I think you may have intended to snip out something else ...

The ReiserFS work that I did was with different HW and didn't include any
3ware RAID cards (IIRC it was a Dell RAID but that was quite a while back).

But we've had good stability issues with EXT3 on 3ware cards with RAID 5
once we upgraded our oldest card to the 9000 series.  Since ours are
production systems, we prioritized stability over performance and have
been satisfied.  We are now revisiting other FS types (XFS especially)
but still need the stability.  I'm interested in what happens for us.

Debbie "who's probably gone OT since our fileservers are running FC2 & 3"
--
| Debbie Tropiano                            |  debbiet at arlut.utexas.edu   |
| Environmental Sciences Laboratory          |     +1 512 835 3367 w       |