[CentOS] 2TB limit, weird mounting issues on reboot

Thu Oct 5 06:46:18 UTC 2006
John Newbigin <jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au>

You can not have a DOS partition larger than 2Tb.  parted will create
one and tell the kernel about the size which works.... until you reboot
and then the partition is 2Tb smaller than it should be because the
partition table can not store the MSB of your partition size.

The solution is to use LVM or GPT partitions.

John.