[CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Thu Oct 5 07:19:25 UTC 2006
Morten Torstensen <morten at mortent.org>

Kirk Bocek wrote:
> I finally figured out my slowdown problem: I had somehow turned off
> write-caching on the 3Ware controller. Hoo-Boy! Does that kill
> throughput! What the heck is that option for anyway?

Err... are you sure you want to turn on write-caching? You will have filesystem
corruption in case of a power-down, panic or other crashes then. It does help to
have a battery backup on the 3ware card, assuming it is smart enough to write
the changes to disk before the OS starts.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.