[CentOS] nscd crashes

Sat Oct 7 19:41:03 UTC 2006
Black Hand <yonsy at blackhandchronicles.homeip.net>

On Saturday 07 October 2006 13:34, Josh Kelley wrote:

> A bit more information about our configuration:  We use nss_ldap and
> pam_ldap against a failover pair of Fedora Directory Servers.  nscd is
> also crashing on another of our servers (a fileserver) but with less
> regularlity; on our other servers, it works fine, even without
> disabling the persistent cache.
>
> Has anyone seen similar problems with nscd?

yes, me ^_^

i quit nscd services in ALL my servers at charge. I use LDAP too, for several
services (samba, mail, dns, proxy, etc) and i prefer to install slave ldap
servers in all my network instead of depend on nscd. nscd was always a pain
to use, for example, some users change their password in samba, and some
services continue to use the old password cached in nscd. i change some users
from an ldap group to another, to give permissions to some things (samba
shares, mail properties or proxy access rights) but the stupid nscd dont
refresh the changes (i need to restart the nscd service)

i prefer slave ldap servers, and use systems that are ldap aware.

--
Black Hand
Amiga Addicts