[CentOS] compatible AM2 + Nvidia 570 motherboards

Tue Oct 10 14:37:03 UTC 2006
John Allen <john.allen at dublinux.net>

Feizhou wrote:
> Hello john,
>
> John Allen wrote:
>> Feizhou wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> Anybody got MSI K9N or Asus M2N32 boards working with Centos?
>>>
>> Have ABit KN9 working, I believe it is the same as the MSI K9N
>>
>> This is the exact one I've got
>> http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=322039
>
> Great, 6 sata ports and dual Ethernet too.

Yes, mega.

>> Required CentOS 4.4 for the network to function.
>
> Ah, the updated forcedeth driver that hit the mainline I see.
>
> Have you had any issues at all besides waiting for a working driver?
> Any special parameters needed for the kernel?
Nope, just the ethernet driver update. It's rolled into 4.4, so I just
downloaded it, rather than installing 4.3, and then updating the driver.

We have a couple of other boxes here in the office that needed the
updated driver too, and
no special kernel params needed there either.