[CentOS] Training Material: Books about linux but targeting Centos installations

Thu Oct 12 22:47:59 UTC 2006
Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com>

On 12/10/06, Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am about to give a training session in Linux, using Centos 4.4 as a base.
> I want to give my students (MS windows administrators) printed books about
> Linux and hopefully Centos based. It is a total of 20 books. I'm also
> interested in purchasing 20 copies of the DVD of Centos 4.4 x86/x86_64
> distro.
>
> My initial search at amazon returned no useful results.
>
> It can be RHEL 4, Centos 4 or fedora 4 based but I really want them to be
> Centos if possible, given the fact that I often scracth RHEL intallations in
> favor of Centos (i know is the same base, but I would like to match the book
> with the distro).
> The books have to be focused to Linux administration and installation (like
> web,ssh.mail.etc). There is no need to cover in-depth programming
> (perl,bash,etc).

I don't know if there are any CentOS specific books, but if not then I
think you would be best off with a good RHEL4 tome and maybe a
slim-ish handout detailing the differences. I'm thinking primarily Yum
usage and configuration, commonly used repos etc.

The sort of thing you could cover with pointers to the Wiki and the
list. In fact, that could be a good project for a Wiki page, a
transition document to<->from the upstream distro.

Will.