[CentOS] Write performance with 3ware 9550

Fri Oct 13 13:05:09 UTC 2006
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

Non-interleaved memory sounds interesting.  Where do I change that
setting?

I don't want to change the StorSave setting.  I'm not really looking
for maximum performance here, just reasonable.  If I can get the same
60 M/s speed that I got from the first server, I'll be happy.

The drives are all running at 3.0GB/Sec according to the drive
information in 3DM.

I have read the entire "Calling All FS Fanatics" thread as it passed
through the list.  It was quite interesting, but the main things I got
from it are:

    - Increase the read ahead settings
    - XFS, JFS, and ReiserFS are faster, but less fault-tolerant, than
      ext3

I have already changed the read ahead on both the physical volume and
the logical volume.  This gives me increased read performance, but has
no effect on writes.  I am sticking with ext3 since I am much more
concerned about stability than performance.

Bowie