[CentOS] Write performance with 3ware 9550

Fri Oct 13 13:53:35 UTC 2006
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 at 7:58pm, Bowie Bailey wrote
>
> > With NCQ off, I get these results:
> >
> > Version  1.03       ------Sequential Output------ --Sequential
> > Input-
> > --Random-
> >                    -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block--
> > --Seeks--
> > Machine        Size K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec
> > %CP  /sec %CP Second          50G           20853   8 41899  11
> > 192713  23 116.9 1
> >
> > Write performance increased by 2M/s and read performance decreased
> > by 2M/s.
> >
> > What tweaks have you applied so far?  I would expect a 4-drive array
> > to be slower than an 8-drive array, but not this much!
>
> What's your StorSave profile set to?

StorSave is set to Protection.  Data integrity is very important on
this system, so I need to leave it as is.  Besides, I don't want to
disable the data journaling after paying $100 for a BBU to protect it.
:)

--
Bowie