[CentOS] Apache DirectoryIndex

Fri Oct 13 19:22:26 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 10/13/06, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> Everything is an option. That's why I like Linux! :)
>
> DirectoryIndex seems to be the easiest and most direct route, since it can be
> set on a directory-by-directory basis. I was hoping someone could point out
> either my mistake or some hidden Apache behavior.

Apache also assumes that what's true for the parent directory is true
for subdirectories unless modified later. So setting it for the
document root will set it for everything unless you modify them each
later. That's the rub I think you're hitting. I'd toss a quick
mod_rewrite rule in there and call it good.

George Orwell