[CentOS] CUPS Problem

Mon Oct 16 12:47:00 UTC 2006
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Les Bowditch wrote:
> This could very well be an issue with the HP driver suite, since they force you to use their installer, rather than providing specific drivers.  The installer doesn't play nice unless the printer is hooked up locally.

Ugh. Maybe we should try the Samba printer driver hack. Do you have an
inf file for your printer?

> Do you know of any different driver sets that could be used, or how I can feed directly into CUPS from the Windows machine, as I have all the CUPS drivers for Windows.

CUPS drivers for Windows?? Regarding feeding directly from CUPS in
Windows, yeah, there is a way. Use the cups queue and install one of
those Apple Postscript drivers for the cups queue. That way, the Windows
boxes will generate postscript which cups can swallow and intepret.

The cups + Windows Apple postscript driver should be the simplest.

The printer driver wizard method with an inf file is a bit more
involved, see the link below:

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/classicalprinting.html#id2630986