[CentOS] CentOS guest for VMware, any similar setup?

Mon Oct 16 20:08:27 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo-route.com>:

> Hi,
>
> 	I'm about to setup a CentOS4 server to install VmWare Server on it.
> Then I'll run 2 main guest OS, Microsoft SBS 2003, and a CentOS
> development LAMP server.
>
> 	Except from the clock settings, is there any problems/comments?

I had it running on VmWare Workstation and ESX.  Nothing special other
than the clock problems.  If I remember correctly, after updating the
kernel and rebooting, you'll need to re-run vmware-config.pl script in
the guest.

You'd probably want to download and install latest version of vmware
tools on the guest.  Latest version of vmware tools has kernel modules
that load perfectly into CentOS 4 kernel (if you attempt to install
too old version of vmware tools, you'd need to recompile the modules).

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during