[CentOS] CUPS Problem

Wed Oct 18 19:18:53 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting Nigel Kendrick <support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk>:

>> When setting up a raw queue on the CentOS box, it might be necessary to
> edit couple of files in /etc/cups.
>>
>> mime.convs - uncomment this line:
>>
>> #application/octet-stream       application/vnd.cups-raw        0
>>
>> mime.types - uncomment this line:
>>
>> #application/octet-stream
>

> I was going to suggest this as it seems to always fix printing problems with
> me. Just a few additional notes:
>
> 1) After editing file: service cups restart
>
> 2) If you do a yum update and there's any update done to cups, a default
> instance of the above file is put back in place and you have to re-edit the
> file.

I think I once managed to make the change permanent.  But can't
remember anymore what exactly I did.  It was long long time ago.
Something like checking I want the queue to be raw somewhere in
system-config-printer.  I think.  Can't find it anymore.

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during