[CentOS] Mail forwarding on a dynamic IP address.

Thu Oct 19 14:03:16 UTC 2006
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 18:04 +0400, Rajeev R Veedu wrote:
> I have a Cyrus installation with postfix and openXchange. I get the
> mails from catchall account with procmail and distribute with the mail
> server. Now I have a new site office where couples of staff members
> are going to be relocated.
>
> Since we have only an ADSL line on site office if there any way I
> could forward the mails for these staff members to another Mail Server
> with dynamic IP address?

I don't think that using a dynamic address is a good thing (because of
the delay between your ip changes and the time you register it with
dyndns for example) ...
But if you use a vpn tunnel between the two machines (with openvpn)
you'll be able to always specify a static ip address (on your remote lan
and not your wan) as destination .
Openvpn has interesting features like persist-tun to be sure that even
if the computer has a dynamic address the tunnel will be restablished
automagically ...

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>