[CentOS] centos and apache DOS question

Sat Oct 21 13:20:46 UTC 2006
Robert Becker Cope <robert at gonkgonk.com>

Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:

> they are pulling the whole web site I see about 255 httpd processes.

I believe that this is the default number of connections that Apache on CentOS
allows. From the sound of it, your machine has plenty of power, and you could
increase this number. That may or may not help, because it also sounds like the
company pulling your content is not doing so in a very polite way and is using
a client that opens many, many more connections than an average browser would.
I would talk to them about this, personally.

robert