[CentOS] Best backup software for linux

Sun Oct 22 21:19:10 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 13:41, Nathan wrote:
> We are running backup softwares for incrementals/differentials and full backups
> with variouse softwares currently using dirvish scripts + amanda .. what is
> everyones views on other opensourced backup software? is there anything better
> or other options we have missed?  We are looking at backula as an option? any
> thoughts?

If you are going strictly to disk or with an occasional archive
to tape, backuppc is great because its compression and duplicate
linking will hold about 10x what you'd expect online and it
has a nice web interface for browsing and restores.  In normal
operation it is 'full-auto' - even more so than amanda since
you don't need to swap tapes.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com