[CentOS] spam control

Wed Oct 25 02:44:44 UTC 2006
chrism at imntv.com <chrism at imntv.com>

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Gents,
>
> I have added the following to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and rebuilt it
> trying to control spam. I still get about 25 spam messages a day.
> Is there something else that can help control spam?

Running spamassassin + clamav and a few RBLs seemed to make a big dent
in it for me, but a fair amount of crap still gets through.  Frankly, I
guess I'll never understand the mindset of the spammer.  They go out of
their way to circumvent spam controls for people who *obviously* don't
want to receive those ads.  It's like me telling my mum I don't like
liver so she goes out of her way to sneak it into my diet knowing I'll
gag on each bite.  (no, my mum really knows I hate liver and doesn't do
that...heh)

I wish the penalties for polluting the internet were half as potent as
those for polluting the ocean.  Perhaps then we'd see some improvement.

Cheers,