[CentOS] mysql won't start

Tue Oct 31 18:30:53 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting David Mackintosh <David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com>:

> drwxrwx---  32 cvs     500 4096 Oct 30 16:40 /

BTW, If I were you, I would recheck ownerships and permissions on the
rest of your file system.  To see if there is more damange (extremely
likely).  Searching for the files owned by cvs might be a good start
(but it might not find all the damaged files).  Something like "find /
-user cvs".

Since you were removing packages with --nodeps, you might want to rpm
-i that i386 mysql package, in case something on the system needs it.
It is OK to have i386 and x86_64 version of mysql package installed in
parallel.

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during