[CentOS] Helping CentOS automatically

chrism at imntv.com chrism at imntv.com
Fri Sep 1 15:20:10 UTC 2006

sophana wrote:
> I have some bandwidth left on my dedicated centos 4 server (100mbit/s)
> I might contribute some of it if you can tell me what bittorrent program
> I should use.
> I need one that takes very low cpu, also have to make qos working.
> Anyone has a script to lower bittorrent priority?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but most bittorrent clients make it
rather easy to define/limit the speed of both the upstream and
downstream data rate.  So it will only consume as much bandwidth as you
allow it.  I'm not certain what you can do about controlling the number
of network connections or even if that would be considered any real
burden on modern hardware if you've got a sensible upstream bitrate set.

Cheers,