[CentOS] OT: How to make files placed into FTP directory available via http

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 18:05:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 10:36 -0700, Ed Morrison wrote:
> I'm hoping someone out there can tell me or direct me on where to find
> this info on how to make files placed into an ftp directory available
> via an url link in an email.  I will have a staff member upload the
> files to a directory on my ftp server (which is also the web server) and
> the files would have to be automatically linked to a web directory,
> unless the files can be read directly from the ftp server.  This needs
> to have no interaction from me and should be automagic.....
>
> Any and all would be greatly appreciated.

No need to link anything - just make the home directory for the
user doing the ftp operation the same place that httpd expects
to find the files and permissioned accordingly.  The user can
view the web server's directory link after the upload and mail
that page or cut/paste the URL into the email.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com