[CentOS] No sound after upgrade to 4.4

Joseph Haig jrmhaig at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 2 20:59:44 UTC 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Jay Leafey <jay.leafey at mindless.com>

up in the last couple of weeks after the Red Hat 4.4 upgrade.  There were some pointers there that might help.

Thanks.  I was a bit sceptical at first, as the mailing list is for Dell Precision rather than Dimension, but I found the solution to the problem there in the end.  In case anyone else is having the same issue, I downloaded a driver from here:

  <http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&releaseid=R109066&SystemID=LATITUDE%20PRECISION%20690&os=LIN4&osl=en&deviceid=8907&devlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=1&formatcnt=1&libid=3&fileid=141621>

According to the instructions, this was an issue with 4.1 that was solved in 4.2.  Evidently, it then got accidentally removed at a later date.

Bye,

Joe