[CentOS] Access email and addressbook from everywhere

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Sep 4 05:43:06 UTC 2006

Josep M. wrote:
> I used squirrelmail, and address book is much less good than evolution,
> so maybe I will look for anything for control my desktop via web, using
> https if is possible.
> Evolution have a great mail, contacts, calendar and tasks, and

Not everyone has that view:-)

vnc through a VPN is realistic, VNC through SSH is fairly easy:

ssh -L5902:desktop.office.lan:5902 example.com

then run vncviewer listening to This assumes that
"desktop.office.lan" is your box and is directly accessible from
example.com. vncserver can be, but doesn't have to be, on the system you
connect to using ssh.

I use this same technique to configure routers and printers over the

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu  Z1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu

Please do not reply off-list