[CentOS] documentation on cvsup for backing up cvs repositories

Philip Reynolds philip.reynolds at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 12:08:58 UTC 2006

On 9/4/06, ankush grover <ankushcentos at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am trying to find out documentation on cvsup for backing up cvs
> repositories on Centos 4.0

CVSup is a FreeBSD based tool for mirroring a CVS archive. I wouldn't
call it a tool to "backup" a CVS archive. CVSup doesn't download
meta-information and history information associated with files in a
repository.

Make sure you know what you're getting into before using it.

Be aware as well that CVSup is written in Modula-3, which means it's
not as straight-forward to compile. I'm not sure that a C client has
been written.

If I were you and I didn't know much about cvsup, I'd look at
something like rsync or dirvish to backup my CVS repository.

Phil.