[CentOS] Updating Centos Machines

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Sep 4 12:12:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, "Petr \"Qaxi\" Klíma" wrote:

> > Try Yam:
> >
> >  http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/
>
> YAM is nice piece of SW but have two cons for me:
>
> - I have to have ISO files for BASE of an repo.
>   (please correct me if I am wrong)
>   it force me to download ISOs by hand when CentOS respin is released

You only need the ISOs if you want to boot via the network. If you just
require repositories, you don't need the ISOs.

> - I have to sync all packages from additional repos
>   if you use several packages from RPMForge repo (thank you boys) you have to
> download/sync full repository or have a custom script downloading just what
> you want

Of course you can have custom scripts. Yam just offers standard locations
and methodologies so that when you have to set it up multiple times you
don't need to customize.

Kind regards,