[CentOS] Access email and addressbook from everywhere

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 15:46:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 05:58, Josep M. wrote:
> Yes, You are right with ssh, for when i´m in work may be ok, but under
> windows machines, establish ssh sessions with putty may be ok, but
> what can I use for control the desktop remotely in a windows machine?

If you are on a local LAN with plenty of bandwidth, you can run
X on windows and enable XDMCP logins to get the complete
desktop.  Xming http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming or the
cygwin version will work nicely.   If you have less bandwidth
or a remote connection with some latency you can still
get the same effect with freenx on the server and the
free NX client from www.nomachine.com.  VNC will work too.
It isn't as responsive but you can add the module to your
X configuration to let you grab the running console remotely
so you can leave programs running and come back to them.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com