[CentOS] Removed Plus kernel, yum still wants to update plus kernel

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Sep 4 18:04:42 UTC 2006

I am trying to get off the plus kernel.  Hasn't helped yet, and my
MadWifi does not work with it.

So I used  YUMEX to remove all of the plus kernel cruft that I could see.

I rebooted.  ONly the standard kernel was listed in the boot menu (good
sign).

Start up Yumex,  and it is showing that the plus kernel needs updating.
Nothing on the regular kernel.

Just yum update behaves the same.

So where does yum keep its 'memory', so I can remove references to the
plus kernel and get back to the regular kernel?????