[CentOS] Now running vmlinuz-2.6.9-42.0.2.EL -- MadWifi dead

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Mon Sep 4 23:20:48 UTC 2006

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Kudzu is not recognizing my Atheros card.
> Actually I was having this problem with the plus kernel and I fell back
> to 2.6.9-34.0.2

I had this problem too on my Atheros card. I get my drivers from atrpms.
Here's the list of installed RPMs on my system now. Used to, you only
needed two packages, but now you need three.

[root at laptop ~]# rpm -qa | grep madwifi

Before I only needed the madwifi-kmdl and the hal-kmdl, and after I
updated to the new kernel I had some very weird things going on. Try
this out.