[CentOS] How to get 4.3 updates without 4.4 upgrade

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Sep 4 23:42:07 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
\

> The main issues that have been posted here involved a lockup
> while yum was updating itself or its libraries and database.
> There was some advice about updating these first, or using
> 'upd2date -u' instead, but I'm not sure which is best.

fwiw I've just upgraded from 4.3 (new install done after RHEL 4.4,
before CentOS 4.4) to 4.4. The upgrade went smoothly with yum, no
special actions. I was a little surprised to see a new kernel; I updated
grub's menu to boot the one I'm already running, thank you ver much!.

I've not rebooted, I'd do that when I'm in the same room and it's not
downloading Debian.

--

Cheers
John