[CentOS] DNS resolve.conf not working

Ed Morrison

ed at morrisonnetworks.com
Tue Sep 5 04:39:14 UTC 2006

Hi All:

After upgrading to 4.4 my server(s) will not resolve using the servers
listed in resolve.conf.  This is not true of a server running a DNS
Cache server.  I can do a netstat -e and show a connection to the DNS
servers but it will not resolve any domain names (please see below).
Any thoughts?

[root at ftp ~]# dig yahoo.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> yahoo.com
;; global options:  printcmd

[root at ftp ~]# netstat -e
Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign
Address             State       User       Inode
tcp        0      0 10.0.2.5:32806
66.81.0.251:domain          ESTABLISHED root       17584

Thanks,

Ed