[CentOS] mozilla and seamonkey

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Sep 5 13:44:56 UTC 2006

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Jim Perrin wrote:
>>>even if I do a "yum install mozilla" I still get seamonkey.
>>>How do I get mozilla. My XPI does not seem to work with seamonkey...
>>You need to update your plugin. Seamonkey IS mozilla. They changed the
>>project name.
> That's not completely correct. The mozilla foundation stopped
> development of mozilla, so it won't even get security updates. Only
> Firefox and Thunderbird are developed further (and maybe some day a
> working calendering application, but I don't hold my breath there).
summer at Mopoke:~> rpm -qip
Name        : MozillaSunbird               Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.2.1                             Vendor: SUSE LINUX
Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 17                            Build Date: Wed 03 May 2006
09:43:00 WST
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: gray.suse.de
Group       : Productivity/Office/Organizers   Source RPM:
Size        : 14834941                         License: MPL, GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 03 May 2006 09:48:48 WST, Key ID
Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org
URL         : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/
Summary     : The Stand-Alone Mozilla Calendar Component
Description :
The Sunbird Project is a redesign of the Mozilla Calendar component.
The goal is to produce a cross-platform stand-alone calendar
application based on Mozilla's XUL user interface language. At the
moment, the Sunbird name is a project name. It is not official and may
change in the future.

I've not tried it, but it exists.

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu  Z1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu