[CentOS] postfix pb with mass emails

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Sep 6 00:27:42 UTC 2006

sophana wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt a écrit :
>
>>Feizhou wrote:
>>

>>>I hope I got the message through that the problem is with phpbb and not
>>>with postfix itself. phpbb must have injected multiple messages with the
>>>same recipients.
>>>

>>Yes. I just wanted to state (again) that this is definitely not the
>>fault of postfix.
>>
>>Ralph
>>

> Thanks for all your responses.
>
> Phpbb could of course be the problem. I was wondering how this kind of
> basic bug could still exist in postfix...
>
> If it is a phpbb bug, is there an easy way to have a fake smtp server,
> so I can catch the bugged phpbb smtp request? (I can setup another smtp
> port in phpbb...)

Before you blame phpbb, check your data for duplicates.

Also, check that you have a recent version, there was a version a while
ago that became very well known for a very bad reason - it was
vulnerable to external attack, and external attackers were very successful.

How many computers can you use to try to debug your problem? I don't
like to test on production systems, do you?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait