[CentOS] OT - backup question/advice

Thomas E Dukes

edukes at alltel.net
Wed Sep 6 00:58:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have been using mondorescue to backup to dvd for several months now
without any problems.

Since upgrading to Centos 4.4, I now receive a few errors.  The errors are
for files in /var/named/chroot/proc.  I guess these files change so when I
do a differntial backup they aren't there and result in errors.  (Never got
any errors before and I think these files were there in 4.3) If I exclude
the files from the backup, no errors.

My question is what, if any problems would I run into not backing these
files up and having to do a complete system restore?

TIA,

Eddie