[CentOS] OT - backup question/advice

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Wed Sep 6 01:28:18 UTC 2006

Thomas E Dukes wrote:

> [...]

no problem. personally I've always wondered why the proc file system
exists at all as part of the file system. ya can't do anything with it;
it's more of a tease than anything else. When I first started with Linux
years ago I wasn't aware of it's "specialness" and looked like the
monkey with his fist in a jar trying to do things with those "files" in
there. ;P

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."