[CentOS] Server closing all the ports after inactivity Could not connect to webserver

Anil anilet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 03:34:17 UTC 2006

Hi All
I am running Centos -4.4 final with all the updates
My webserver stop responding after about half an hour od inactivity.I just
gets a timeout message. When I try to refresh the page 3-4 times it start
active again.
Infact all the ports on the server are closed  during the inactive period even
though I have ssh,ftp and http enabled on it. When the server is responding I
can see (with a port scan)the ports are open.
I tried disabling the firewall(on the centos server) altogether because the
server sits behind another firewall.
If I do a restart of the httpd or do any other network related stuff on the
server it opens the ports again.
Any help is appreciated
Most operating systems were developed for commercial or technical motives,
but GNU was developed for the sake of giving users the freedom to cooperate in
a community. And if users don't know this, they will be in danger of losing
their freedom.
--Richard Stallman
Public Key
-------xxxxx cut here xxx--------