[CentOS] mount ntfs file system

abhishek singh abhishek.rhce at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 6 12:20:44 UTC 2006

--- dxuranus <dxuranus at gmail.com> wrote:

> i learned that ntfs file system not supported by
> centos.
> and i try to tell my system version with uname -r
> and find my version is
> 2.6.9-22.EL so i download the
> but after rpm -ivh .....................
> i do't know how to do?
> a article told me go to /usr/src/2..........
> but i can't even find the dir .
> thanks for any help.

Dear Friend
After installing ntfs kernel rpm just use mount
command to access ur ntfs partition in linux . take a
example if window partition is /dev/hda1

then use following command

#mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt

but u cant write on ntfs partition in linux, u can
access ntfs in read only mode , wrtie mode is

Abhishek Kr. SinghSystem AdministratorDSC. LTD.Mob.No. +91-9871563248