[CentOS] Strange screen-blanking problem

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Sep 8 03:06:17 UTC 2006

Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> It might be your monitor, try using a new monitor.

I don't have a better idea than the monitor atm (tho the graphics "card"
is another candidate).

When it's occurring, try
a) Cycling power to the monitor, including disconnecting from the pc if
possible, just in case).
b) Exchanging screens with a colleague to see whether that eases the pain.

Note: I don't assert that monitors are hotpluggable tho I've been doing
it for years without noticing a problem. The instructions for my new
Acer screen at work are confusing, in one para they say the screen's not
hotpluggable, the next is says it is.

--

Cheers
John