[CentOS] Info requested on XEN and CentOS4.3

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Fri Sep 8 17:39:03 UTC 2006

First, I am a digest subscriber and I request the favour of a direct
reply in addition to any to the list.

I have installed xen-3.0-x86_32-rhel4.1 on CentOS4.3 and everything
seems fine ( thanks to Karanbir Singh's helpful notes) but I have a
couple of items to put to the list for clarification.

1.	I had to remove the OS version check to get past the install script's
requirement for RHEL-4.1.  I know that this is not a good thing and I
would like to know what alternatives, if any, are preferred to handle
this sort of issue.

2.	I had to remove lksctp-tools and lksctp-tools-devel in order to get
xen to build.  What are the implications of this?

3.	On the first boot after installing xen I received a warning
suggesting that I rename /lib/tls to /lib/tls.disabled.  What is the
reasons for this and what are the implications of doing so?

Sincerely,

--
     *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***
mailto:byrnejb.<token>@harte-lyne.ca