[CentOS] CPU usage

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Sep 11 04:10:35 UTC 2006

I had a similar problem setting up xine for use with MythTV. The solution was
to make sure you have proper drivers for your video card installed and then
run xine with the correct "-V" parameter to make use of those drivers. Running
"xine --help" will give you a list of drivers available.

Specifically in my case I am running X on a Hauppauge PVR-350. I had to
compile and install the X-driver for the IVTV module driving the Hauppauge
(which was achieved after the death of thousands :)) and then run xine with
"-V xv". I've been happily watching DVDs sans-chop since then.

Hope this helps.

Kirk Bocek