[CentOS] Re: Yum update to 4.4 stamps all over rndc.conf

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Sep 11 22:01:33 UTC 2006

Peter Farrow spake the following on 9/11/2006 1:31 PM:
> Hi There,
> Just thought I would let you know that if you yum update from 4.3 to 4.4
> the file /etc/rndc.conf gets overwritten and no rndc.conf.rpmsave file
> is created.
> This has happened consistently on several 32 bit servers I have recently
> been asked to update!
> Regards
> Pete
It only happened on one of mine, and it was the new server I hadn't put in
service yet. Otherwise, I always re-generate the rndc.conf and rndc.key before
a server goes live. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!