[CentOS] ipw2200 and intel hdaudio not working kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL

Nicholas Anderson

nicholas at fiocruz.br
Tue Sep 12 14:38:13 UTC 2006

Hi All,

can anybody tell me what has changed in this new kernel release that is
getting most of us stucked ?
I have an Intel HDA Audio device and an Intel 2200 wireless in my laptop
and both stopped working with this new kernel.
Both audio and wireless device seems to be ok but there's no sound from
the intel hda and the wireless find AP's but doesn't connect.

below is the lspci output of the devices:

Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller
Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network
Connection

I'm already using the most recent version of the ipw firmware ...
[root at localhost ~]# rpm -q ipw2200-firmware
ipw2200-firmware-2.4-2.0.rf

any tips ?

cheers,

Nick