[CentOS] 2.6.9-42.ELsmp kernel and 3ware 9550 tools

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Tue Sep 12 15:52:21 UTC 2006

Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:41:57AM -0400, Bowie Bailey enlightened us:
> > I have the latest kernel with the drivers for my 3ware 9550SX
> > built in. Where can I find the tools and monitoring apps for this
> > card?  Are there rpms hiding somewhere, or do I need to build it
> > from source?
>
> If you want package management, I've attached the spec files I use.
> They're nosrc, so you'll have to download the code from 3ware's
> website, but at least afterwards they'll be managed by rpm.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I found and installed the 3dm2 utility from the CD packaged with the
controller.  Just a note for anyone else doing this...  If you do the
install from their menu, the install window will close before you have
a chance to read the instructions on finishing the setup.  Do the
3dm2 install from the command line to save yourself some confusion.

--
Bowie