[CentOS] backup server..

Brett Serkez bserkez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 13:02:27 UTC 2006

The known issue and manual setup of the MBR on the second drive during
install that I described in my previous post works seamlessly for me.
I do however usually setup GRUB in the boot partition, that is during
install I check off advanced boot load options and change the GRUB
location from /dev/hd? to /dev/hd?x (i.e., /dev/hda -> /dev/hda1).
Presumably, this drops in a 'standard MBR' that just looks for the
active partition and transfers control.

I've not had the issue you describe, when I've had a master drive has
fail, my systems seamlessly boots off the second drive.

Brett