[CentOS] Pentium M in desktop system.

Chris Weisiger cweisiger at i-55.com
Sun Sep 17 03:37:58 UTC 2006

Morten Torstensen wrote:

> Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>
>> Chris Weisiger wrote:
>>
>>> I was just  booting up my system and it says Mobile Pentium 4 2.8
>>> Ghz...
>>>
>>> Is that different then a Pentium M processor..Im thinking if it would
>>

>> Pentium M and Mobile Pentium 4 are two completely different processors.
>

> The original poster had a Pentium 4 M, that is based on P4 and is NOT
> the same as Pentium M. All Pentium M's are S479 too. P4M should work
> ok as a replacement for a P4, esp. if you kept the P4 cooler.

The processor in the laptop was a socket 478 and so is my desktop its
also a socket 478. So all i did was take the processor in the laptop and
put it in my desktop. I have been running it for the last  days since I
first posted. I kept the original cooler and fan that is in my desktop.
I also like that it runs between 23C and 28C.