[CentOS] pptp vpn through CentOS 4.3.

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Mon Sep 18 21:13:42 UTC 2006

You don't need the patch in your case.

You may find the DKMS module builder RPM and the ppp_mppe rpm to go with
it useful to allow the MPPe encryption to work.
http://linux.dell.com/dkms/
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=44827&package_id=120221&release_id=361763

You also need to make sure you have the latest pptpd rpm installed
pptpd-1.3.0-0.i386.rpm
And you'll need an updated pppd rpm to match
ppp-2.4.3-5.rhel4.i386.rpm

These work for Centos 4, but from the looks of the kernel you are using
your system is much older...

What centos version are you using?

You should also be sticking to RPMs whenever possible to make sure your
update process is hassle free..

Pete

Stromgol wrote:
> Hello,

> We can't connect to our pptp server through our CentOS gateway with a
> XP client.
> The linux client is working but not the XP client. I know for a fact
> that the pptp server
> is not the problem because if I connect the XP machine directly to the
> Internet the
> pptp vpn is working.
>
> I know about the pptp-conntrack-nat patch, I compiled the 2.4.9
> kernel,  with
> patch-o-matic-ng-20060511.tar.bz2 without any problem. But compiling
> iptables end
> with this error:
> make: *** [extensions/libipt_connlimit_sh.o] Error 1
>
> I'm wondering if we really need that patch, because that patch seems
> to be only needed
> when you want simultaneous pptp connection, which is not my case. I
> only want to be able
> to make a simple pptp connection.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> dangerous content by the *Enhancion* <http://www.enhancion.net/>
> system scanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

dangerous content by the Enhancion system Scanner
and is believed to be clean.
http://www.enhancion.net