[CentOS] sendmail security

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Wed Sep 20 12:45:27 UTC 2006

abhishek singh wrote:
> yes i am using SMTP Authentication , but when i m
> doing telnet to my server on 25 port so i am able to
> send mail by unknow user that in in not my mail server
> like

where are you telnetting from? localhost?

telnet localhost 25?

> mail from: <abs at domain.com>
>
> this command is showing Sender is ok while its not
> user in my mail server.after that

if you are using delayed checks, this is normal. BTW, does this sendmail
box solely does smtp-auth relay only? It is not used for receiving mail
right?

> rcpt to: <xyz at domain.com>
> DATA
> jhsjhdf
> .
> quit
>
> after this mail is queued for delivery to xyz user and
> in this scenario xyz is valid user accound on my mail
> server so i want that unkown account for my domain
> cant sendmail , so how i will do that ,
>
> when i am sending mail to out side domain without
> authentication then everything is ok means any one can
> send mail to my domain while he is not user.
> this is the problem.

Okay, I thought you wanted something like that. You want to allow only
mails where the sender exists on your system, right?

>  i have one solution , but i want to know very easy
> way to do that
> .

well...you could try looking for ready made rulesets for what you want.
Otherwise, it will have to be written.