[CentOS] How to reattach to a failed ssh session or process

Erick Perez

eaperezh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 14:41:22 UTC 2006

Hi, is there a way to "reconnect" to a ssh session that was
disconnected and left running processes in the linux server?

I know that's the purpose of the screen command, but just to spread
know-how, is that possible?

Example:
 3441 pts/0    S+     0:00 nano /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

I remotely connect to a machine via ssh and started to edit apache
conf and i did not used screen (me bad). The session timed out due to
an internet glitch and I got disconnected.
How can I reattach (speaking in screen terms) to that ssh session or
gain control to the nano process (or any other)?

Thanks,

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780