[CentOS] Dell OpenManage installation on CentOS4

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 13:52:33 UTC 2006

On 21/09/06, James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com> wrote:
> I have a Dell 1950 box on evaluation with 2 SATA drives connected to the
> on board Dell PERC 5/i with the disks set up as a mirror
>
> I've installed CentOS4.4 (x86_64) on the system and now I'm trying to
> install/configure/use the Dell OpenManage tools that came on a CD with
> the system.

I can't provide much help with using openmanage but I know there's a
Yum repo provided by the dell-poweredge guys for installing the latest
versions of required packages.

http://linux.dell.com/yum/software/

More info/docs/etc. at: http://linux.dell.com/

I suspect you might get an informative answer from a list member here
but it might be worth posting over on linux-poweredge too?

Will.