[CentOS] CentOs 4.X and APF firewall issues

Steph stephanie.royle at lunarpages.com
Thu Sep 21 17:04:28 UTC 2006

We have 7 Dell 2850 servers with dual xeon 3 gig processors running the APF
firewall version 0.9.6  http://rfxnetworks.com/apf.php

They run fine for a day or two, then suddenly lock out all incoming
connections, other than the backend IP, sometimes restarting the firewall
resolves this, but occasionally we may have to leave it 10 mins or so before
restarting where it will actually allow connections again.

Has anyone had this issue themselves, or does anyone successfully running
Cent0s 4.X with the 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp kernel have a sample
/etc/apf/config.apf I could take a look at?

Thanks in advance

Stephanie Royle.